Friday, September 19, 2008

#1 Seed!



This past week I was involved in a pre-season Flag Football tournament. We ended up beating all of the big name teams, and even beat the defending champs of last years Flag Football season. As a result we will enter the season as the #1 seed, also known as the top ranked team.

I haven't played flag football in 2 years so I wasn't sure how my body was going to respond. All of my conditioning since mid February of this year has been Crossfit and nothing more. During the tournament I noticed I was able to play with a relentless effort throughout the games while some of my peers were huffin n' puffin. My full body strength, flexibility, and endurance gave me much energy, and also protected me against injury. I wasn't running out of gas anytime soon.

Being physically prepared to do whatever, whenever, and do it well is a top priority of mine. It allows me to live life as it comes, and to act in the moment. Knowing that I wouldn't have to train to get in shape to play Flag Football, and make an impact on game play allowed me to be competitive for a sport during my last semester of school. I will never get this time back and I'm glad I will be able to make the most of it.

No comments: