Friday, January 16, 2009

Crushing My Weakness in '09

One of my goals for 2009 was to have a "Top Notch" OH Squat by the end of the year. I love concept of the movement, my body just doesn't love moving like that... yet. The lack of flexibility in my chest, shoulders, and back cause me to OH Squat inefficiently. I neglected this movement last year, and as a result my flexibilty has not improved.

No sooner than I wrote the goal down, Dot Com posted OH Squats 3-3-3-3-3.
I started with PVC and did numerous reps, then moved to the barbell and did the same. Here is a video of my last set of 3's at 115. Weak, I know. The weight doesn't fill heavy, just awkward squatting that position. I tend to hold the bar slightly behind the spine because I had a tendency to fall forward with the bar when first learning the movement. An easy fix though. I will OH Squat over 200lbs by the end of the year, one rep or three, it will happen.

Lets develop your weaknesses today. Contact me for coaching on specialty work or training, I'd love to be of assistance.

No comments: