Monday, July 5, 2010

Another Rockstar..


Kind words from the lovely Allison:

After my first son was born in 2007 it took me 9 months to lose the weight I gained while being pregnant. This past July I had another sweet baby boy. In September I joined Crossfit with the initial intention of losing the weight from my second pregnancy. I wanted to get back into shape faster than the 9 months it took me the first time. Little did I know that not only would I lose the weight I gained while being pregnant but during the next 3 months I would redefine being "in shape" and completely transform my body.
In my life prior to Crossfit I had always battled my weight and my self confidence. Although I have been an athlete my whole life and I have always considered myself relatively fit it took hours upon hours at the gym to achieve the minimal amount of result I would get. In the end I was never truly happy with how I looked physically. I was a yo-yo dieting expert having tried every fad diet out there and always ending up right back where I started. I was a diet coke addict. I ate bad and I felt bad most of the time!
Since joining Crossfit I'm more fit than I've EVER been. I'm in better shape now than when I was a two sport athlete in college. I'm lean and fit and proud of how I look. In my life before it was always a "hassel" to work out. I would have to drag myself to the gym and if I could come up with any excuse not to go it was SO easy to skip out! Now, I not only don't want to skip a single Crossfit workout, but I can't wait to get there!!!
To date I've lost 27 pounds and 7% body fat (baby weight and then some!!). I've lost inches, dress sizes and cellulite and and gained energy, enthusiasm and confidence. I've gone from a size 8 to a size 4. I've achieved more physically than I ever thought I was capable of. I feel so good and I am so amazed by the things I can do. Yesterday I did 10 pullups without a band!!!! 10!!! I walk into that gym and meet every challenge they give me head on, and I know for sure that I'm going to give it EVERYTHING I have! JDP's 5:15pm class is an inspiring place to be. All the people in that class including JDP and Travis are some of the most supportive and hardworking people I've ever met!!! It's always a pleasure to be in their company! The Crossfit community in general has been so supportive and encouraging. They believe in me and help me find in myself what I am capable of.
Crossfit has truly been life changing for me and I talk about it all the time. I can't help myself. I just want as many people as possible to know what an amazing thing Crossfit is and what it has done for me.

2 comments:

natrenfrow said...

Love it!! This keeps me motivated :)

Unknown said...

WOO HOO!!! Way to go Allison! Very inspiring and impressive!!!